View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2007, 21:15   #1
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

Default What your extra fare gets you.

Today, after increasing the price of tickets but not publishing a new timetable,
IE had a ticket check at Donabate as I was getting off th e17:50 Pearse Dundalk.

There were two guys in dark clothing at the gate from the Northbound platform to the carpark/stairs to the road. We were held up a while getting off the train and down the platform. I had my Ipod on and was walking out past these guys standing in the way when one stopped me and asked for my ticket.
I asked "Who are you?" as they had no uniform or badge on. so I think the guy on the left was a mr Revenue protection while the guy on the right declined to give me his name.
I asked the guy I was talking for his name but he replied where's your ticket.

I had a quick look at the IE customer charter. It says:
__________________________________________________ ____________
9. Our staff

We know how important it is that you receive a satisfactory service from our staff at all times.

So we expect our staff to:

* be polite and helpful
* consider your safety and comfort
* wear their appropriate uniform
* wear an identification badge
* tell you about delays or alterations to services
* give you the best value ticket for your chosen journey
* refrain from smoking when on duty and in contact with customers.
__________________________________________________ _____________

So out of the seven things IE expect of their staff, they failed 2 and if you were my auld principal they would have failed the politeness requirement for standing in the way.

I realise IE need to do some ticket checking but as most people got on at a city centre station, they could have implemented their check at those stations where passengers are inside and it is lit and the staff usually show some semblance of a uniform.
Colm Donoghue is offline   Reply With Quote