View Single Post
Unread 03-04-2007, 08:41   #1
midonogh
New to the board

Default Missing Carriages

Please see below letter of compliant lodged with IR.

"Dear Sir
Can someone provide me with an explanation as to why yesterday's (2 April) train was one carriage short and this mornings (3 April) was four carriages shorter. Also as to why no announcement was made to this effect at Skerries Station. The reduced capacity led to severe overcrowding on all carriages and passengers were unable to board at Donabate and at Malahide and Howth Junction. The lack of platform announcement at Skerries led to a dangerous scrum along a narrow platform as passengers realised at the last minute that there were 4 carriages missing"
Yours....

I lived in London for many years and travelled on the LU Northern Line so am well used to packed carriages. This morning was as bad as anything that I experienced there. What infuriated me was the lack of announcement and the suspicion that IR are reducing the number of carriages during the school holiday period to reduce costs. If teh carriages have been taken out for essential repairs I would agree that now is the best time to do it, but at least they should let us know that this is the case.

Does anyone have any insight?
midonogh is offline   Reply With Quote