View Single Post
Unread 29-06-2006, 14:16   #20
MrX
Really Regular Poster

I think it's high time that IE had a major structural overhall. They clearly have massive internal issues that need to be resolved before we can have anything approaching a reliable train service.

These kind of wildcat strikes are totally uncalled for. In any healthy industrial relations environment there should be proper channels for discussion and negotiation between management and staff.

I constantly get the impression that IE suffers from a 19th century mangement vs worker dichotomy that creates an "us" and "them" attitude. It's about time that the whole company was reformed, given a serious shake up and made function a little more efficiently.

From what I can see it's a 19th century hierarchy with all of the problems that that structure tends to create.

----

Perhaps if management, workers and unions can't agree a way forward they should be locked into a 2600 DMU at crush load and driven up and down the bumpiest piece of track you can find for several days with nothing except a diet of their own chicken and stuffing sandwiches with warm mineral water. They'd crack eventually! (much like their customers)

Last edited by MrX : 29-06-2006 at 14:18.