Thread: Sail & Rail
View Single Post
Unread 08-11-2013, 15:32   #180
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey View Post
I fully understand there is a connection upon arrival into Rosslare in the morning, however this means departing Wales at 0245. I also understand that there is a connection for the evening departure from Rosslare at 2045.

There are no connections for the morning 0845 departure from Rosslare to Wales, nor the evening return 1445 departing Wales arriving 1845 at Rosslare

Id be interested to hear views from other travellers on how they arrange onward travel, they cant all drive.

Anyhow thats what I'll end up doing, drive.
There are connections of one form or another for all Stena sailings.

Outbound Stena Line Sailings:
09:00 - Connection off 07:00 Bus Eireann route 40 from Waterford
21:00 - Connection off 16:36 train from Dublin

Inbound Stena Line Sailings:
02:45 arrive 06:15 - Connection into 07:20 train to Dublin and 07:00 Bus Eireann route 40 to Waterford
14:30 arrive 18:00 - Connection into 19:00 Bus Eireann route 40 to Waterford.

You seem to be talking about Irish Ferries to/from Pembroke. There have never been specific rail/bus connections (excepting Eurolines) into the Irish Ferries services to/from Pembroke Dock as there is no direct rail connection into them on the UK side. The railway station in Pembroke Dock is some way away from the ferry terminal. I'd imagine that there is very little foot traffic on that route.

Bus Eireann operate Eurolines route 890 from Cork, Waterford and Wexford to South Wales, Bristol, Reading and London using the Irish Ferries overnight sailings via Rosslare and Pembroke Dock.

Last edited by berneyarms : 08-11-2013 at 15:41.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote