View Single Post
Unread 28-05-2013, 12:37   #6
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
My point is that *both* modes of travel should be accommodated. The delay in reaching work (for train passengers, drivers, cyclists & pedestrians) was significant. I'm suggesting they could minimise the delay by stabilising the situation for the peak and then carrying out the remedial work during the off-peak. Yes, I know people need to get places during off-peak also - but there's less of them so backlogs are less.
That's what they tried to do for peak times but they would not of being allowed carry any sort of work out until the guards carried out an investigation so by the time work started it would of being peak time. They didn't suspend services during the peak hours, they left the line closure until mid afternoon to carry out full repairs and that was done with closing Northbound and Southbound services at different times.

Quote:
I don't know the exact number, but I think it's about the same number of manned stations we have in the system. You know the one where the man sits in the ticket office, beside the microphone which is attached to the speakers on the platform. And right beside the microphone is the monitor which gives the *correct* details of the running order of the trains.
My main point was that CTC couldn't possible be expected up update when the next train is due at all stations. Weather its manned stations or know they don't know when its due until CTC update them in most cases.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote