View Single Post
Unread 08-11-2012, 07:24   #5
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
This is becoming a the norm to make passengers wait for the next service instead of providing a bus transfer. I think thats acceptable on the Cork line with an hourly service but not on any other line as the wait would be closer to 2 hours.

In general on time performance on the Belfast line has being appalling over the last few weeks. The 07.35 had wheel slip problems this morning but the amount of failures and delays both sides of the border is not acceptable of late.
If I am travelling by train (and paid a premium for doing so), I certainly would'nt want to be dumped on a bus other than when there is no other option. If you are sitting beside one of the principal depots in the country there should be another option.

Yesterdays options in order should have been, spare ICR from depot, spare commuter railcar from depot, spare locomotive from Drogheda, bus substitution, locomotive from Connolly, NIR C3K from Portadown/Belfast, transfer passenger to late running 1650. I know not all of these options were necessarily available, but something better than the worst possible option should have been implemented.

Bringing the locomotive from Connolly and hooking it up to the train, even it it took 1½ hours would have been better than stuffing the unfortunate passengers onto the 1650.
Inniskeen is offline   Reply With Quote