View Single Post
Unread 27-03-2012, 11:31   #9
IckyThump
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Ralph View Post
The advertisement on the website and elsewhere is extremely clear that the offer is valid until April 8th. So yes, people without a Student TravelCard will not be able to return at all with a student-discounted ticket on or after April 9th. I don't see any incompetence here, other than a small lack of forethought that many people might be using the tickets to return to college on Easter Monday.

On our English counterpart forum I would normally add the line "I would expect discretion to be used in these circumstances by revenue protection inspectors" but there's no point doing that for IÉ.
well as someone who frequently uses Limerick, Limerick Junction, Clonmel and Waterford stations i can confirm that while the promotion is advertised in most of these stations it is not pointed out that a college id wont be acceptable with these tickets after the 9th.

having spoken to students who i interact with on a daily basis i have found that at least 3 lads thought that they would be able to use the tickets aslong as they use the outward journey before the 9th. i have already warned them.

but i find it odd that a promotion like this which allows a person to use a different type of id, does not arn that there is time limit on which you must use this ticket if you have said id.

this is incompetance. i know alot of students artegoin to be hit with these fines and IÉ will be wondering where it all went wrong.

im not asking for tv adverts or anything. im just saying putting up a printed out piece of paper that will cost maybe 1 cent with black and white ink in every station and sticking it on the machines to warn about this would be a pretty good idea.

i dont know what your role is and quiet frankly it doesnt matter. i dont mean any of this to be rude against you and im sorry if it seems that way. but its these little things that bug me with the company. they do try to do a nice thing and alot of people end up suffering because IÉ doesnt know how to communicate with the public unless they live in Dublin.

IÉ have a habit of always doing this. they have no idea how to advertise. they have countless routes that dont make money but i assure you if you go out onto any street and ask joe public how much it costs to get a train from limerick to waterford or limerick to galway they wont have a clue. most people think IÉ is expensive because IÉ wants to fail nationwide so it can concentrate on dublin city center.

advertisment doesnt have to be expesive at all!!!
contact colleges and they will get the word out more often than you can imagine. college kids in waterford for example fill about 3 or 4 buses to limerick every week(train and bus makes exact same stops except the train is 30 mins faster up to the junction). but why dont they use the train??? because they dont know it exists. dwindling numbers mean one thing and one thing only. the person in charge of advertising or PR is not doing thier job
IckyThump is offline   Reply With Quote