View Single Post
Unread 25-11-2010, 08:43   #6
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

You may need to see a doctor if you're setting off the smoke alarm in the toilet. This has happened to me a couple of times.

I am probably going to get myself beaten up over this someday. There is a fairly rough-looking bloke who occasionally takes the 1805 to Longford and brings a couple of tins of strong cider for refreshment. He is not part of the regular front car Mullingar-bound party group. Anyway, this guy always nips into the toilet between Mullingar and Edgeworthsdown for a smoke. On Monday, I was feeling a bit civic minded (must be something to do with current events) so I told the station attendant at Edgeworthstown as I was getting off. While I was doing this, the offender looked out the door and saw me talking to the station attendant who them went off to give the bloke a bollocking.

The problem with this train is that it is driver-only so nobody in their right mind is going to do anything about smoking in the toilet as you have no hope of any backup. On a related note, somebody was arrested off the 0705 Connolly - Sligo last week. I would like to know how that came about as I doubt there is a ticket collector on that train.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote