View Single Post
Unread 08-04-2010, 17:15   #66
Derek Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Curiously Irish Rail have told us of no plan to close the line in the near future. We asked them, the talk is coming from the DoT not IE that said Irish Rail is notorious for not knowing what it is doing.
After you made that quote, John Lynch announced the closure. Furthermore you say you were invited to a meeting with IE to discuss it. What did you do at that meeting? Roll over and have your tummy tickled?

The response from RUI to this has been very poor and I mean that in all sincerity.

Quote:
We met IE last week and discussed the matter and others (at IE's invitation I might add), in fact we where the the first in to discuss, the crew from Wexford only met IE last night.

Press release issued, positive response on that but the problem is we are not the producers of the radio news. Though the issue of through services from Galway to Rosslare was on the 1 O'Clock on iRadio West on WRC opening day I got interviewed about the WRC and related issues, not WOT.

With NAMA going through there was little interest in the media with a little railway line in Wexford, several print media pieces got deferred or dropped. We have been in communication with the group in Wexford, and indeed with others in Waterford and our proposals met with positive feedback but no one has the money to front the cost of the investment.
That paragraph sums you up Mark. It looks like RUI has become an Irish Rail lacky. For the last 12 months I havent even visited this forum for any longer than a mistaken link and in that 12 months I've learned what its like to be joe public and appreciate how anonymous RUI are now.

Between this and the WRC press release, if your committee had both sense and balls, they'd be giving you the push. RUI has become a talking shop and lab rat for Irish Rail.

Apologies for gate crashing your little party, but when you actually care about matters and not your ego, these things have to be said.
Derek Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote