View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2010, 03:25   #7
on the move
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccos
All trains are quiete cheap in Serbia and if you have railplus (I dont know if you can buy it in Ireland, comes with bahncard in germany and costs E15 in Holland) theres 25% off crossborder trains.
The line via Kosovo is closed and you cannot cross between Serbia and Kosovo anywhere.
Can't buy railplus in Ireland afaik, however IE might be able to do something for you regarding passes and tickets. I don't recognise Kosovo's "independence", however it might be possible to go up to the border and see the place where their refugees were dumped into Macedonia in the conflict. Thought about going into Serbia from Sofia last time, as it's only 90 minutes away, but apparantly Serbia isn't that easy a country to get into, and there is also a time difference between it and Bulgaria, and I wouldn't have much time there anyway, so I didn't bother. There is another time difference between Greece and Macedonia, but there don't appear to be any bureaucratic problems going in and out.

Quote:
Anybody know where I can find the fixture schedule as I wouldn´t mind going to Armenia meself?
The fixture list won't be released for another 2 weeks. It should have been sorted out by now, but the Russians dug their heels in and demanded they hold the meeting. The first sign of their stubbornness in the group.