View Single Post
Unread 21-01-2010, 16:50   #226
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Default 18.30 Dublin/Rosslare

Yesterdays 18.30 Dublin/Rosslare service operated by the new 22k fleet I noticed just after the DART service to Greystones the Rosslare train comes into platform 5 on time. All the outside displays showing Rosslare as its destination were on,but as you enter the carriage there is no internal displays showing its stopping stations. Now I know the train is scheduled to depart at 18.30 but how can it depart on time when 4-5mins before there is a DART to Greystones on the same platform.

When the train approached Tara Street the announcement said Tara Street. Then calling out the stations in Irish down to Rosslare Europort but it never said anything in English,You would have to know your station name in Irish off-hand.
After the train left Pearse Station the writing on the display just said "This is coach A". Just arriving into Dun Laoghaire the announcement said Dun Laoghaire please change here for ferry services. What cant the train display the next station after it leaves Pearse.

Shortly after Bray it displayed "Next station 9.1km" arriving at Greystones "Na Clocah Liatha-Greystones"

It never displayed the distance after Greystones to Wicklow but it did display Wicklow-Rathdrum. It didnt display the distance for Rathdrum-Arklow and the same to Arklow-Gorey. Why cant it display the distance after every station along with the welcome onboard.This is the 18.30 from Connolly to Rosslare serving... Taking a station off it as it travels on...

I think what IE need to do is to introduce the time onto the display screens.

I enjoyed the journey on the new train,it is a very nice train to travel on.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote