View Single Post
Unread 25-11-2009, 14:50   #3
bookworm
New to the board

Angry Timetable Disaster

What are they thinking? I will have to get to the station 5 minutes earlier to arrive at the same time as usual (or later). The 17:13 from Pearse will get in 5 minutes than it used to. That's at least 10 more minutes a day wasted.

There are no express trains at commuter times - the closest thing used to be the 17:13 from Pearse but it's now slower due to the addition of an extra stop. It will probably be more crowded too.

The 6:45am from Balbriggan has 2 extra stops but the timetable says it will get in 1 minute earlier?!

Many users found out that the train was not the fastest way to Dublin during the bridge collapse fiasco. And this is supposed to help win us back?

In my opinion the answer is smaller more frequent trains with less stops each. The reason the temporary bus service was so successful was because everyone got a seat, there was very little waiting time between buses and there were no stops on the way.

Also, almost every day an unscheduled dart pulls into Pearse station minutes before the 17:13 train is due. This has the affect of slowing the train to a crawl all the way to Howth junction.

I think this could be the final straw for me. Private bus services are finally looking good. I certainly will not be putting in my order for an annual ticket just yet.
bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote