View Single Post
Unread 28-06-2009, 13:15   #9
MrX
Really Regular Poster

While standards have definitely improved, particularly since the introduction of the MK4 trains on the Cork-Dublin line, I have certainly experienced absolutely disgraceful behaviour from IE staff.

One of the worst was where my elderly grandmother (87) who had just had a hip operation was getting off the MK4 Cork train at Heuston.

She was seriously struggling up the platform and I went to assist and was refused entry to the platform. You'd swear I was going to steal the train or something the way they went on.

Eventually, a much older member of staff told the younger guy to 'cop on to himself' and I was let through.

I also remember an incident where she was boarding a train, with a senior citizen ticket which she had already collected from the ticket desk, using her ID. She had then put her travel pass into her luggage and continued onto the platform. The ticket checker made a HUGE scene and made her dig through all of her bags until she found her pass.

The woman's in her 80s and looks every day of it, there's no way you could mistake her for under 65. It was just some jobsworth being a total -----.

I have also had unbelievable behaviour from DART ticket offices. Rude would be an understatement, just damn offensive stuff.

There's no point in complaining as we all know nothing will be done about it.

As for that man, he should have called the Gardai and pressed charges for assault against the individual involved.

That is just the behaviour of an absolute thug.

Last edited by MrX : 28-06-2009 at 13:17.
MrX is offline   Reply With Quote