View Single Post
Unread 09-03-2009, 15:23   #2
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielfelice View Post
Hi Guys,

Got two questions for you here: Question 1 is more just for my own info and question 2 will settle a dispute between me and my girlfriend

1. On the northside of Broombridge heading toward town, there are 2 platforms that are no longer in use a few hundred metres from the existing Broombridge station. The two platforms are on either side of the canal and are now overgrown with grass and who knows what else. Where these the original Broombridge platforms? Is there any info on them or does anyone know what they were and where they went? I am assuming the platform on the same side as the nortbound platform went into down, but the one on the otherside of the canal?

2. The man in the "wheelhouse" (?) at Clonsilla. How does he know when the trains are coming? Is he in radio contact with the drivers? Does he have a gps system that tell him when to open the gates? What if he falls asleep? Does he live there?

Thanks!
Dan
Hey Dan,

1. Thats news to me, unless it had something to do with the old Broadstone line?

2. LOL! Staff members take shifts to control the tower at clonsilla. It is (AFIK) 24 hour based and as far as I heard before they control signalling atheir system would tell them when to open the gates etc. Its a great advantage that if the station is not open ask the tower when the next train is due!!