View Single Post
Unread 11-06-2008, 16:19   #2
paddyb180285
Regular Poster

I am from Dalkey myself and I frequently get the DART.I am completely with you on that point.I think it is rediculous that the only stations (I know of) which have toilet facilities are Connolly, Pearse, Dun Laoghaire, Killiney and Bray. As Killiney station is beside the beach there is an accessible toilet in the car park beside the beach and the station. There is no excuse for the lack there of in Tara Street as it is constantly busy. As well as that Tara Street is smack down in the middle of the city centre. Most times, I need to use my house toilet before a 10-15 minute walk to the station itself. I live the same distance from both Dalkey and Glenageary Stations and alternate between the two.

It has happened to me quite a few times before where I feel like using the toilet before boarding the train. 20 minute waits at platforms aren't a big help either as it only makes matters worse. However, if I am lucky enough to get a Commuter train then there is no problem so long as none of the on board restrooms are out of order. Dalkey and occasionally Glenageary are amongst the more prominent stations on the southside apart from Blackrock and Dun Laoghaire. I think there is a big need for PUBLIC Toilet facilities at stations such as Dalkey, Blackrock, Raheny and especially Tara Street. On top of that, they should stay open until the staff go home.

Depending on how bad the situation is, I have often found it to be very uncomfortable waiting the entire length of the journey to use a restroom. This can leave me twitching on the train. The journey can be up to an hour and 20 minutes in length. Alternatively, the entire DART fleet could be fitted with on board toilets. I don't mean every carriage but every two carriages like the Commuters. This would have a lot of long term benefits as the DART system is eventually going to be extended in all directions. This could make the entire journey 2 hours in length. There is bound to be at least a few people making this journey. I am glad I amn't the only one with this opinion.
paddyb180285 is offline   Reply With Quote