View Single Post
Unread 01-06-2007, 22:37   #25
craigybagel
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
My experience is on the Cork line

If you are heading to Thurles and sit in coach E, F or G you won't see the trolley since it doesn't get moving until Kildare ish. Coming up from Thurles you are unlikely to see any trolley at all, I've seen it once in 8 trips

The catering seems to shut down around Portarlington

A very hungry Tom Stamp was not happy when there was no food on the 17:05 to Ennis on Friday

Given the low overheads catering has (well they ain't paying for the capital cost of the premises, security etc) its hard if not impossible to explain the 83% mark up on the normal retail price of a bag of crisps, must be close to 150-160% mark up on wholesale

Think we need to buy a wholesale box of tayto and hand them out, that is legal under the rules
You saw a trolley on the CDE?!?!? wow miracles do happen....

Just as a matter of interest why do people still use catering on the train these days? Il admit i used to use it on occasion when it was affordable but since then ive just been going to the shops near whatever station im using. Foods always cheaper, usually tastier and i know im not getting ripped off! Catering on trains for me now is a luxury to be enjoyed abroad only, but why arent more people doing the same? Am i the only poor person out there?
craigybagel is offline   Reply With Quote