View Single Post
Unread 18-03-2007, 14:56   #74
luasifer
Regular Poster

Ok so I took a wander down to Docklands Station the other day. The station itself is in my opinion very nice. Hopefully the local gurriers will not ruin it. I made a few observations while there.

1. Why do the trains only go to Clonsilla? Would it not be better for them to run to Maynooth? It just means you dont get the confusion that people think there are extra trains on the Maynooth line when actually they only go to Clonsilla. This confusion was evident when I was there. There was a person looking to go to Maynooth. The guy in the ticket office told him he had to walk to Connolly Station to go to Maynooth. Now there was a train going to Clonsilla in 15 mins. I think the better advice would've been to give him a ticket to Maynooth and tell him to change at Clonsilla.

2. You can only buy tickets from the TVM as far as Consilla. What if I want to go to Maynooth and change in Clonsilla on the way, or god forbid somebody actually might want to go to Longford or Sligo from Docklands.

This TVM issue does not surprise me considering I cannot get a ticket from Newbridge TVM to Howth, Lansdowne Road etc. Nor can I get a city centre transfer or a weekly ticket from the machine in Newbridge.
luasifer is offline   Reply With Quote