View Single Post
Unread 10-01-2006, 23:05   #47
alek smart

Hello Hello....Whats this then.....?
The Contractors want to "Rip-Up" sections of track but the RPA want them to "Go back to the Drawing Board and come up with an alternative method of repairing the defects"
This appears to me to be a very fundamental difference of opinion on the very first step to take in this sorry tale.
It would also be worth asking whether any of these entities HAS a drawing board..?
In the light of this slowly developing fiasco the RPA`s decision to withold information on the proposed Metro seems to be barely tenable as it surely leaves the entire Metro proposal open to all manner of speculative challenge.
However,the need to keep things secret is deeply ingrained in the Civil Service phsyche and Public Transport is no different in their book..
What IS somewhat disconcerting is the in-fighting being reported on in advance of ANY remedial work being attempted....at this very moment the rain is pelting down in sheets and if I drive down the road to the Kingswood Curve I will be able to observe the theory and practice of imperfect polymer dynamics at first hand....Its beginning to look as if Proffessor Mags O Mahoney from TCD will have an opportunity "To Knock Heads Together" a lot sooner than she may have intended....not to mention the size of the heads she has to grapple with....