View Single Post
Unread 28-09-2006, 09:22   #2
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandraoh
So far this week I have been at least 10 minutes late getting into dublin and this is before problems of "leaf slip" begin. Does anyone know why the new train is late all the time?
It has trouble waking up in the morning I'm serious, it takes 10 minutes to bring it to life even if it was left switched on overnight

There are issues with the locomotives unable to top 85 mph, that does equate to about 10 minutes in time over 160 miles, I've experienced it crusing at 83-85mph for mile after mile even where 100mph is permitted

Quote:
Last night I planned on catching the 18:35 to Portlaoise but when I got into the station the board said nothing about an 18:35 train but that there was a train called 18:45 Thurles/New. The station announcer said that the 18:35 service was deferred to 18:45 for today(wednesday) only
The 18:35/18:45 called every stop on the way so that held you up

Deferred == Cancelled

Quote:
Just another query. What is the role of the train manager/host?
Its customer service only, no technical or operational role from what I'm aware. Put it this way some of them are not very train savy nice and friendly though. Hidden somewhere in coach G at the very front you are likely to find a senior IE engineer who is there to babysit

A thread for each day would be useful I'm trying to compile a list of breakdowns etc, train x on day y left z minutes late would be extremely helpful

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 28-09-2006 at 09:29.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote