Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Up To Date Travel Information (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Map - Dublin Area Train and Tram Services (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=15560)

Jamie2k9 10-04-2017 16:33

They are saying the blue section will be replaced by green when it opens. I would also suggest the Docklands station names are swapped to other side and show a more realistic Connolly location.

Thomas J Stamp 11-04-2017 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 (Post 78616)
They are saying the blue section will be replaced by green when it opens. I would also suggest the Docklands station names are swapped to other side and show a more realistic Connolly location.

the blue bit is already causing confusion and stupidity on social media. Some think you will have to hop off a green line tram and change to a blue line tram at stephens green. Also: the lines are not connected because they are of different size.

luasifer 16-11-2017 09:51

Has there been any progress by the NTA in having the combined Dublin Area Train and Tram services map displayed at stations, tram stops and on trains in the GDA? With Luas cross city opening soon now would appear to be a great time to start using a combined map, but I suspect that a new Luas map will be used that makes no reference to the heavy rail network

James Shields 22-11-2017 15:24

Colouring the extension blue is an insane bit of graphic design. I've seen many other cities around the world open extensions to existing lines, and while the extension was under construction it's been portrayed either the same colour as the open line, but with dashed lines, or in a lighter shade of the same colour.

It's no surprise that there's confusion about the Broombridge extension, just like the old rumour that the red and green lines have different track gauge.

Mark Gleeson 24-11-2017 11:48

It was originally called the blue line from a planning point of view but clearly its the Green line for operational reasons

luasifer 25-11-2017 11:33

Has there been any information from Transport for Ireland on if the combined train and tram services map will be used at stations and tram stops in the Dublin area? The current passenger information is terrible and with the Luas green line extension opening this would be a good time to do it

Ronald Binge 10-01-2018 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by luasifer (Post 79028)
Has there been any information from Transport for Ireland on if the combined train and tram services map will be used at stations and tram stops in the Dublin area? The current passenger information is terrible and with the Luas green line extension opening this would be a good time to do it

Would be a good idea. The map should show the buses from Sallins to Naas and Hazelhatch to Celbridge as well. I’d suggest showing the 84/a connection from Brides Glen to Shankill and Bray but the likely earthquake caused by CS Andrews rolling in his grave would probably put a stop to that ;)