Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Drogheda-Balbriggan-Skerries-Donabate Line (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Service as Usual (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=11107)

motorhead 28-11-2009 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by roamling (Post 51172)
sorry, i got mixed up here I meant the 6.31am from Drogheda, that one stops 6.57am in Rush/Lusk and thats the one with the 4 carriages (the one i am abandoning). sorry for the confusion :D

the 6.35am from Dundalk is the train I am going to use now, stops at 7.26am in Rush/Lusk

why is it only 4 carriages used all the time on this peak time train it really is getting to be a right pain in the backside why cant you yokels in irish rail pull your fingers out for once and do something positive :mad:

Mark Gleeson 28-11-2009 19:50

As of Monday it should be an 8 coach as it no longer will operate to Rosslare

motorhead 30-11-2009 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson (Post 51544)
As of Monday it should be an 8 coach as it no longer will operate to Rosslare

i dont bloody think so it was 4 again as usual (nothing new there:mad: ) and please tell what dipstick came up with this timetable to add on malahide,portmarnock,howth junction when this is served by the dart also it stops at gormanstown makes no sense with 4 cars extra stops it used to be jammed solid now its sardine city makes me wonder why we are overcharged on our tickets for this 19th century crap service:mad: :mad: :mad:

motorhead 30-11-2009 19:48

what no replys the truth must hurt

dowlingm 30-11-2009 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 51623)
what no replys the truth must hurt

Truth must hurt? It isn't Dick Fearn you're talking to on this board mate.

motorhead 02-12-2009 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by dowlingm (Post 51634)
Truth must hurt? It isn't Dick Fearn you're talking to on this board mate.

what would you know your not even in the same country :mad:

drumcondra commuter 03-12-2009 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 51791)

Oi! None of that.

Colm Moore 03-12-2009 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 51791)

Where someone is does not determine whether they are right or wrong.

motorhead 07-12-2009 23:10

no ones answered my question why have irish rail turned a commuter train into a dart service does not make sense i,m getting to connolly later every morning one simple reply would suffice :mad:

ThomasJ 07-12-2009 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 51955)
no ones answered my question why have irish rail turned a commuter train into a dart service does not make sense i,m getting to connolly later every morning one simple reply would suffice :mad:

the problem is the dart timetable which it is quiet blatingly obvious that in order to tidy up the reduction of darts they introduced a clockface timetable but as a result of this the commuter trains on the northern line as well as the rosslare line services have been impacted because they have to sit behind the darts.

I dont know if saw the news
article this week about fine gael giving out about the shortage of darts if there were more darts it could have been worse

If you are looking for answers i would suggest when you send irish rail a letter cc (and tell them you have cc'd) department of transport transport commitee and your local tds. Its the only way you will get answers. Good luck !

motorhead 07-12-2009 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasJ (Post 51957)
the problem is the dart timetable which it is quiet blatingly obvious that in order to tidy up the reduction of darts they introduced a clockface timetable but as a result of this the commuter trains on the northern line as well as the rosslare line services have been impacted because they have to sit behind the darts.

I dont know if saw the news
article this week about fine gael giving out about the shortage of darts if there were more darts it could have been worse

If you are looking for answers i would suggest when you send irish rail a letter cc (and tell them you have cc'd) department of transport transport commitee and your local tds. Its the only way you will get answers. Good luck !

thank you for reply thats all i required

motorhead 14-12-2009 21:02

can anyone tell us what happened with the 0635 drogheda train this morning and the one after that irish rail at there best as usual no info at station as per norm and the drone in ticket office had no info either

Mark Gleeson 14-12-2009 21:22

Firstly its 6:30!!

The 6:30 Drogheda Pearse was cancelled according to the records I have, it never arrived Connolly. By the time we have a way of knowing if its cancelled its at least 30 minutes after scheduled departure.

tigger1962 15-12-2009 07:51

On top of 6.30 Dundalk to bray continually being late it made an unscheduled stop at howth jct this morning

roamling 15-12-2009 09:07

according to the time table on the IE website there is now a stop sceduled at 7.42am

tigger1962 15-12-2009 18:18

yep as i said in another thread this seems to be the case from today. Its not in the printed timetable, and it was only started today.. I wonder what other changes were made. not that it makes any difference, train still late at pearse! This morning it didnt get to connolly until 08.01