Almost since its inception Rail Users Ireland has been working for a rail service to Navan
- April 2003 Strategic rail review published and writes off both routes to Navan as non starters with negative returns
- September 2003 Rail Users Ireland initial proposal for the use of Navan Drogheda freight line for passenger services between Navan and Dublin
- January 2005 Clonsilla Pace feasibility study published
- July 2005 - Rail Users Ireland Dublin Committee hold meeting to discuss Navan Dublin proposals and timetable
- August 2005 - Full copies of the M3 plans and environmental impact statements were obtained and studied at length
- September 2005 - Rail Users Ireland members conducted a number of site visits between August and September this culminated in a day long survey on September 3rd.
- September 2005 - Meeting held with Iarnród Éireann, detailed report presented, agreement from Iarnród Éireann to hold further meeting once senior planning staff have reviewed report.
- October 2005 - Major media campaign planned